Thursday, November 21, 2013

Allegory of the Cave Sonnet

Well here is my attempt at a Sonnet

There was this dingy cave
with prisoners of the dark
The shadows were all the rave
but they couldn't even hear a bark

What they saw wasn’t reality
Nothing more than mere reflections
Their lives were such a fatality
They couldn't even make corrections

One left and discovered the unknown
He went back to tell the others what he'd seen
But they didn’t believe what he was shown
to his ideas they weren’t exactly keen

One must go out and seek the sunlight
or be left in the dark all day and all night

4 comments:

  1. Breanna! I think your sonnet is really well written and easily understood. It shows you have a good understanding of the allegory, nice work!(:
    http://lwongrhsenglitcomp.tumblr.com/
    And I also like your blog layout! On the blogspot I made so I could follow Preston's blog (since I use tumblr) I actually had this background for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it B! You showed that you do indeed know how to write an awesome sonnet and that you understood the allegory. Good well done pal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very humorous Shakespearean Sonnet with some funny words. You did a good job doing the rhyme scheme and I understood you main idea through them. Goodjob Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well written!! I love how you say their lives are a fatality! You put your point across perfectly into an awesome sonnet. I think you blog is really interesting, and I never thought you would have chosen this background.

    ReplyDelete