Thursday, January 9, 2014

AP Prep Post 1: Siddartha

1. Choose a specific archetype and demonstrate its function in the novel. How does it contribute to theme or character development? Determine whether the archetype is being used traditionally or is being manipulated by Hesse. 
2. Choose a passage that uses stream of consciousness. Analyze how the technique contributes to characterization.
3. Choose one of the formal characteristics of Modernism and explain its use in Siddhartha.
4. Analyze Hesse’s use of figurative language in a specific passage.  How does its use develop theme, character, or setting?
5. Analyze a character other than Siddhartha and explain this character’s role in the novel; don’t forget to use terminology (flat, round, static, dynamic, etc.).

-It's hard to really answer these questions without know the whole story. I read this book the summer before sophomore year so I can barely remember what this story was completely about. 
-What this tells me about the AP Exam is that I need to think more analytically when reading these stories. I need to do more than just read the words, I need to understand what they are truly implying.

No comments:

Post a Comment